And a Little More Russian Humor
February 19, 2014 2 Comments
The following examples of Russian humor were taken from the Russian magazine, Laughter All-Around.
1. –I heard that you decided to back to your husband.
— Yes. I could no longer stand to see him enjoying himself so much!
2. Little Elsie was finishing her prayer.
–And one more thing, Dear God. Please send some clothes to those poor naked girls that Daddy looks at in his magazine.
3. –Just imagine what a catastrophe! Yesterday my three-year-old son threw fifty pages of my new novel into the fire!
–What! He read it already?
4. –Mommy! Why did the wolf eat the grandmother instead of Little Red Riding Hood?
–Go to sleep, my precious one…Maybe he wanted dried fruit.
5. A married couple was taking a stroll through the forest. The wife says:
— What a wonderful spot to rest and have a snack!
— You know. You may be right. Fifty million ants can’t be wrong.
6. From a theater review:
–Art demands victims, and the hall was soon filled with them.
7. A wife, who had just gone fishing with her husband, speaks to her friend:
–It turns out I did everything wrong! I spoke too loud. I didn’t bait the hook properly. I didn’t cast the line in the right place. I didn’t get a strike the right way. And what’s more: I caught more fish than he did!